Wednesday, October 21, 2009

So proud of my boys....

Well, we had parent teacher conferences tonight. I'm so proud of my boys, they are both doing great. Abe is well on his way to becoming a reading machine and Owen has already established his title as a reading super hero. Both boys like school and their teachers both commented on what a joy they are to have in class. What mother doesn't love to talk about her children but especially when it's all good. I'm still smiling just thinking about it. I just thank the Lord for preparing their minds to learn, retain, and for teachers who enjoy teaching young ones.

On a completely different note, I think our church is going to have it's first ever orphans sunday, and I am feeling the Lord leading me to share our story and His heart for the orphans. If anyone has any interesting satistics, key points, ect. I would love to hear them.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you have a blog!! What precious boys! So glad your church is doing orphan's Sunday! Let me know any way we can help---- we've got stats and stories galore!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,
    This is Larcy even though it says Dan at the top. I don't knpow why it does that. I thought I would post the link to the church I went to when I lived in MO. They have a foundation called Kinsman Redeemer. It is really interesting to read what that church is doing in the world of adoption. I think it may have been a while since it was last updated, because I know when I was there there were even more families that have adopted internationally. Anyway heres the link
    www.thekinsmanredeemer.org Hope this helps. Maybe a good example of what other churches are doing?
    Love you and give the boys a hug for us!
    Larcy and Dan

    ReplyDelete